Elected 2 June 2009
Mayor Mary S. Catlett
Recorder Terri T. Miskovsky
Councilor William "Bud" Donaldson
Councilor Shirley Snyder
Councilor Ronnie Good
Councilor Cheryl Young
Councilor Mary Beth Good
Hedgesville, as a political entity, is older than the State of West Virginia, being incorporated under the laws of Virginia in 1854. It was platted in 1830 from land owned by Josiah Hedges and Mary Claycomb; these plots coming from the Lord Fairfax and Westenhaver grants.
The town grew from a trading village in the gap of North Mountain for settlers moving west. In the 1880s through 1920 it was a summer resort town with a large Victorian hotel, Mt. Clifton, and a smaller Summit House, providing summer lodging for guests from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland.
The town was designated as a 1976 "All West Virginia City" by the state Chamber of Commerce, a federal Bicentennial community and has been designated by listing on the National Register, U.S. Department of Interior, as the Hedgesville Historic District.
The town is a part of the Hedgesville Area Public Service District. Water was made available to the public in February, 1978. Berkeley County Public Service Sewer District provided sewer service in August, 1988.
(Obtained from: 2004 West Virginia Blue Book, Pg. 792.)